Sunday, March 03, 2013

Harbour Grace





Harbour Grace

These days we hear a lot about the importance of an active lifestyle. For the next few days I plan to share photos of people engaged in outdoor activities. To me, being active doesn't necessarily mean you have to go to the gym, run or participate in organized activities. For kids, just getting outside and "playing" is active. When I was teaching, I supervised kids outside during recess and lunch and was always amazed at the energy they had. They moved around more in 15-20 minutes than most adults do in a week.

I photographed this group of kids playing hockey on the ice in Harbour Grace on March 17, 2003. I thought it would make an interesting photo with The Kyle in the background. It must have been a cold winter that year, because there is ice on the harbour in mid-March.

The SS Kyle ran ashore in Harbour Grace in February, 1967. If interested, you can read more about this ship at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Kyle

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...