Tuesday, March 26, 2013

St. Anthony 2













St. Anthony 2

This morning I've uploaded more of the photos I took during the evening we arrived in St. Anthony, as well as a few from early the next morning which started out clear with a little fog, but quickly changed to overcast with heavy rain.

St. Anthony, located on the northern tip of the island of Newfoundland calls itself the Iceberg Capital of the World because it is probably the most accessible place to see so many large icebergs on the island. In 2010, we were there in mid-July and there was one iceberg visible.

They also say they have the world's highest moose population and we did see quite a few - 26 in 2004 and 16 in 2010. People who travel the area often say that you are guaranteed to see a moose during the drive to St. Anthony.

In recent years they have also had visits from polar bears during the Spring. I believe the Wildlife Division had to capture at least one and return it to Labrador so far this year.


There are 26 photos in my St. Anthony Gallery on my web site at: http://www.lanephotography.com/Western/st-anthony/st-anthony.htm



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...