Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Woody Point






Woody Point

Today I am starting a new series in which I will share photos of the Great Northern Peninsula along the Viking Trail. I travelled this area in 2004 and again in 2010, but never got around to creating galleries for my web site. As I share my photos of the area over the next couple of weeks, I will be creating web sites (galleries) of each community. Unfortunately, on the first trip I didn't take photos of the signs as we entered communities so I have quite a few photos of communities that I can't identify. If anyone can identify those images, I will be grateful.

Yesterday I uploaded the first Gallery with 34 photos of Woody Point, which is located in Bonne Bay and also part of Gros Morne National Park. I've visited Woody Point many ties over the years and have many slides in my collection. As I scan the slides I will add to this gallery.

The first photo shows the community from across the bay with the scenic Tablelands in the background. If you visit the new gallery, you will find photos of the fishing stages, boats, lighthouse and a few buildings.

You can view all the photos from this community at: http://www.lanephotography.com/Western/woody_point/woody_point.htm



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...