Saturday, June 15, 2013

Animals







Animals

On the fourth day in Florida we took the day off. It rained for part of the day and when it cleared up I walked around Bahama Bay Resort with my grandson Sam. We saw three muscovy ducks, which I photographed at close range.

Sam, who won't be four until the end of the summer figured out that two were "boys" and one was a "girl". I was amazed at that comment, because he was right. The males were making a strange "hissing" sound and following the female very closely. It seemed like some sort of mating ritual to me, but I am not familiar with this type of duck so I can't be sure.

After dark I spotted a frog climbing the siding of our condo. I tried shooting a few photos without the flash, but it was too dark so I flipped up the built-in flash on the Nikon P500 and took this shot from about 5 feet away. I wouldn't get too close because in Citrus Park a few years ago I got close to one and it jumped on my camera leaving behind a sticky residue.


Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...