Thursday, July 04, 2013

Holyrood 3






 






Holyrood 3

This morning I am sharing the second half of the photos I took of capelin fishing in the harbour including a few more of the fishermen at work. I tried to capture the amount of effort the men were putting into getting the fish out of the water and the photos I am sharing are the ones that I think were the most successful.


I also made a few wide shots of the boats including one a little further out with a huge amount of water rushing out one side the boat. I am not sure what was going on because the water was coming out very fast. There was no way it was coining out of the hold because it went on and on and on, and that much water would probably sink the boat. I thought it may be used to keep the boat from drifting into the net, but I couldn't really see if the net was being hauled or not. I have seen large vacuum systems on capelin seiners and wondered if they were vacuuming fish from the nets and forcing water out the other side. The seagulls were interested and flew around the spot where the water hit the ocean so there may have been some fish there. If anyone knows for sure - let me know.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

2 comments:

William F Matthews said...

Really good pics of 'People at Work'. Good scenery, too.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks for the positive comments!!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...