Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas 4






Christmas 4

Thanks for the comments regarding yesterday's Photo of the Day about the length of the Christmas season and how it is changing because of political correctness.  I received 6 comments which I am sharing with you today.  Feel free to add to these comments ...
Well said Bruce. (Florida)
Well said, Bruce !!  I would like to wish you, Barb and your family a very Merry and Blessed Christmas and may the peace of Christ be with you always. (PEI)
You are 100% correct. And now stores are opening on Thanksgiving !!!!! When does family time come into play?? No wonder families are falling apart and the children are left to fend for themselves, leading to drugs and crime. (USA)
You hit the nail on the head today with your comments about the true meaning of Christmas. Our whole world is changing so fast that it makes my head spin. I don't like the world today. I wish I could go back to the days of a long time ago, but I know that can never happen. Believe it or not, I have already begun to see items for sale in the stores for Valentine's Day already, and that's still two months ahead. Yes, it is all about the economy. (California)
I so agree with you and I say Bah Humbug to those who feel they must go along with the political correctness! I guess I was brought up old school and I'm proud of it and wouldn't have it any other way. It is very sad to see what has become of our society these days. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (Alberta)
Your comments are so true Bruce. We are losing our traditions because we are afraid we are upsetting new Canadians. Well they can always leave. I say to those people, "Being a Canadian is a privilege, live up to it" (Newfoundland)

Christmas Day is rapidly approaching and I hope that people in Toronto and Montreal get their power back soon.  The ice storm has moved east and hopefully the Atlantic Provinces will get more snow than freezing rain.  I can relate to people without power because in 1984, we had an ice storm and lost power for 4 days. With 2 young kids and an elderly mother-in-law it was very difficult
and after the second day, we left and drove a few hours to stay with friends who still had power.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...