Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas






Christmas

Our last port of call in the Mediterranean was Naples. I plan to share photos from that Italian city after Christmas. Then I will start sharing the photos taken as we crossed the Atlantic Ocean, St. Maarten, San Juan, Nassau and Florida.

For the next week I plan to share images of Christmas. In November and December of 2004, 2005 and 2006 I visited the Nativity Scenes exhibition at the Basilica Museum in St. John's. I believe there were over 100 different Nativity Scenes from all around the world in the exhibition which grew each year. If you live in the St. John's area you still have time to visit this year's exhibition which closes on December 22.


I have to admit that it was interesting to see the different artistic interpretations of the birth of Christ and how they were influenced by different cultures from around the world.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Cats

Cats I am sharing photos to my Cats 2 Facebook Album. If you like cats, you may enjoy my Cats Albums. I have provided links to both of my al...