Thursday, January 23, 2014

San Juan 4










San Juan 4

This is the last of my San Juan Series for now.  For some reason the cruise ships leave San Juan early compared to most ports.  Even though we arrived in port around 6:00 AM, it was late before people could leave the ship.  For some reason every passenger had to go through immigration before passengers could leave the ship.  There were long lines and people waited as long as three hours to get through.  It was close to 11:00 AM before we got ashore and we had to be back on board around 3:00 PM.

As you have seen from the past 4 days, the old town of San Juan has many bright, colourful buildings and I've included a few today.  A person  commented that the bird shown in a couple of photos on Day 1 of this series was one of the ugliest he'd seen in a long time.  The green birds in today's photos were beautiful.  I photographed them sharing a puddle of water with several pigeons.  It was a very hot day and they seemed to be enjoying a dip.  The green bird's feathers were puffed up and was similar to birds I've seen in very cold weather.  I guess they need insulation against the heat down there.


The last time I was in San Juan I photographed The Bounty, which later sank during Hurricane Sandy.  If you are interested in viewing photos of the ship you can visit: http://www.lanephotography.com/places/San%20Juan/The%20Bounty/the_bounty.htm

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...