Monday, March 10, 2014

Barefoot Beach













Barefoot Beach

I am back after 5 weeks in hot, sunny Florida.  While most of North America was experiencing one of the worst winters ever, people in South West Florida were basking in sunny weather with temperatures in the high 80s.  Coincidentally, when I left on January 31, I was sharing photos of Florida from my visit there in November and now have many more from that area of the world.  My plan is to finish the series I was working on before I left, then return to photos of Newfoundland and Labrador that I have ready to go.  I'll update my web sites of Florida bird photos and inform you when they are done.  I will also continue posting images to my Blog, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn pages as well as my Twitter feed in case you want to follow my postings on those sites.

It seems that the Gulf Coast in Southwest Florida is one long, sandy beach.  The photos today were taken on Barefoot Beach in Bonita Springs last November.  You can see how far the beach extends in each direction.


Of course, large houses, many owned by celebrities, line the beaches there.  I was photographing one large house and a guy said it was owned by Serena Williams, the famous tennis star. Not long after, I photographed a helicopter that made several passes over that house.  When I downloaded the images I could see that the passenger was taking pictures.  Of course, I don't know for sure what the guy was making photos of - he could be making photos of properties in the area.  :)

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...