Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fog 2








Fog 2

I hope you enjoyed the winter photos I shared over the past three days.  Tomorrow is officially the first day of Spring and with a little rain in the forecast, the rest of the snow in our garden should soon disappear.  However, I have lived here in Newfoundland and Labrador long enough to realize that we usually have at least one snow storm after St. Patrick's Day. 

Back to my Fog Series this morning.  The first photo was taken in St. Shott's on the southern Avalon Peninsula.  It was actually a sunny day but the fog was just beginning to come ashore which made great lighting for a photograph.  I saw a man and his dog on the beach and stopped to make a couple of images.  I soon realized the man was shooting birds and in this photo the dog had retrieved a bird from the water and brought it ashore.  I have uploaded the other image to my Blog.  Take a look at both together and compare your feelings about each image.  I am interested in your comments after viewing both.


The rest of the photos were taken during a two day trip to the Burin Peninsula a couple of years ago.  It was VERY foggy; so foggy in fact that we drove through several communities and didn't even see a house.  In some areas, the fog wasn't quite as thick and I was able to make a few images.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

1 comment:

William F Matthews said...

Fog with scenery is different than fog with an individual on a beach as the basic content is different. Similar content would make the pictures more uniform in effect.

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...