Monday, March 17, 2014

Harbour Main










Harbour Main

Today's photos were taken in Harbour Main two days ago during a drive around Conception Bay Centre.  It was a beautiful, clear, March day and even with a temperature of -4°C (24°F) the snow was melting.  It won't be long and the snow should be gone in this part of the world.

I have photographed the red barn several times since I moved to Holyrood in the early 80s.  In fact, once I photographed a man painting it and I will share that photo when I come across the slide. You can see that there was still a fair amount of ice in the bottom of the harbour but hardly any a little farther out. It's probably because the wind blew towards the land.


As I look at these images I realize how different the landscape here is different than Florida.  It is much more rugged with steep cliffs and rocky crags near the ocean.  As you view photos over the next while, compare the landscape here with your area of the world.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...