Monday, March 31, 2014

Mountain

















Mountain

It has been snowing outside since 10:00 AM this morning and, according to the forecast, it will snow all night and all day tomorrow. We are supposed to get between 20 cm and 40 cm (8 -16 in). 
As a result of this late winter storm, the third in a week, I decided to share a sequence of photos taken on June 17, 2004 during a hike to one of the mountains behind my house.

The first photo shows cracker berry (also known as bunch berry) plants.  These are very common on the trails I use, especially in shaded areas.

On the mountain I photographed several glacial boulders including the interesting one shown in the second photo.


I saw a type of cotton grass on the bog at the base of the mountain and stopped to photograph it.  You can see the top of the mountain in the background.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...