Thursday, March 13, 2014

Shorebirds - Barefoot Beach 2












Shorebirds - Barefoot Beach 2

The shorebirds in today's images were much smaller than the willets and snowy egrets shown over the past couple of days.  They hung out in fairly large flocks  and spent their time running away from the waves washing ashore and running back to pick for food in the wet beach sand as the waves water went back out. 


They weren't overly afraid of people but did walk or fly away from them if people came too close.  Of course, I followed them with my camera while trying to be as still as possible. From years of experience I have learned that in order make photos of birds, you have to be very patient, stay very still and make no sudden moves.  After a while they get used to you and go about their business.  It also helps if you have a good telephoto lens.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...