Thursday, April 17, 2014

Gone Forever






Gone Forever

In a recent post, I shared photos of houses and sheds that are in bad shape and that I make photographs of old houses because they may soon be gone forever.  This morning, I am sharing photos of houses that no longer exist.

The first was taken in Colliers many years ago and I uploaded a NEW Gallery lat night called Someone Cared.  This photo was taken while the house in the background was in good shape.  If you visit this Gallery you will find a link to several letters from the family that grew up there.  http://www.lanephotography.com/colliers/someone-cared/transitn.htm

The house in Bristol's Hope was nearly gone when I photographed it in the late 80s.  I think it may also have been a post office at one time.


The next two photos show houses in Triton/  I photographed the people living in the old house in the last photo (3 versions) when this photograph was taken in the mid 70s.  I believe the older couple's surname was Windsor and would like to know their names if anyone recognizes the house which was located across from a large fish plant.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...