Thursday, May 01, 2014

Clotheslines 7










Clotheslines 7

Today's photos of clotheslines were taken in Conception Bay South and St. Michael's along the Southern Shore.

Here are a couple of comments I received yesterday.

Love this series, Bruce! Memories of my mom's clothesline (she never ever had a dryer) and the smell of bedding dried outdoors in the fresh Newfoundland air come flooding back, as do memories of her pinning the clothes on the line, making sure sheets, shirts, colours, darks, socks, etc. were all properly grouped on the line...I still use a clothesline for some things when we're in Florida! but in our northern community subdivision, there's not a clothesline to be seen...sad. 
I love the clothesline photos!

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...