Sunday, June 08, 2014

Communities 5








Communities 5

Today's photos are among the last I took during my photo trip around the Baccalieu Trail on June 2, 2014.  The first few were taken in Hant's Harbour and the colourful fishing sheds were in New Perlican.  I've photographed both communities on previous occasions and, after reviewing my web sites, decided to update them with larger images.  I will let you know when that task is complete!!

I would have liked to spend more time in both communities but by the time I had reached there, I had been on the road for 10 hours.  I'll definitely stop there on my next trip out that way.


As I said previously, the drive around the Baccalieu Trail is both beautiful and interesting, especially if you take the time to explore some of the side roads to see the communities and scenery that you miss by staying on the main road.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

2 comments:

Penny LeClair said...

I have always wondered why so many houses have flat roofs. Don't you get a fair amount of snow? I would think slanted roofs would work much better in allowing the snow/rain to run off.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

To be honest, I don't know the answer. You are right about snow and rain. My grandfather didn't have shingles and he had to tar it every year. Maybe it was more practical than a sloped roof before shingles became readily available. Just guessing ... :)

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...