Friday, June 27, 2014

The Battery













The Battery

The Battery is a small neighbourhood in the city of St. John's located along the harbour on the steep slopes of Signal Hill.  It is known for its narrow streets and colourful houses.  There isn't much parking in the area so I usually park the car and walk through the narrow streets.  I enjoy the walk and make photos along the way.


In years gone by The Battery was a fishing village within a city, however there doesn't seem to be much fishing from there.  You will notice a few fishing stages in the photos I will share over the next few days but most are not in good shape.  I believe several were badly damaged in a storm a few years ago. 

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...