Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunset









Sunset

For the past 10 days I have been in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

Believe it or not, it was my first time I made it to PEI.  In the summer of 1972, after our first year of teaching, my wife and I left the island of Newfoundland in our Volkswagen Beetle and planned on camping our way across Canada.  The day we planned to go to PEI there was rain predicted for a couple of days so we decided to drive on and visit on our way back.  Later that summer, when heading back, once again the weather wasn't good so we skipped it again.

The next summer, as we were driving to and from Ontario, the weather forecast wasn't good for PEI so we didn't get to visit that year either.  We tried to go to PEI a few other times over the years but it wasn't until this summer that we finally made it.


Of course, I will share some of the photos from PEI over the next week or so but I have to edit them first.  Today's photos show a sunset over the Bayer Lake area of Halifax. Because of the interesting clouds, it was the most dramatic sunset I photographed during the trip.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.
Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...