Friday, November 07, 2014

Remembrance Day 2002










Remembrance Day 2002

From now until November 11, I plan to share photos from previous Remembrance Days.  I have been photographing Remembrance Day Ceremonies for many, many years and have hundreds, if not thousands, of images of veteran's and people who attend the ceremonies.  Today I have chosen photos of kids that were getting ready for the parade to the Cenotaph in Holyrood in 2002.  The girl guides and Brownies were on parade that day and I tried to photograph all of them.

The photos were taken 12 years ago and most of the kids are probably in late adolescence or early 20s now.  I don't think I have shared the photos on my Photo of the Day previously so feel free to share with family and friends if you live in Holyrood.  I am sure they may find it interesting to have a look into the past.

Those of you from the US and all around the world may find it interesting to see the images of people who attend Remembrance Day Ceremonies here in Newfoundland and Labrador. 

Over 30 years ago, when I was a graduate student (1981),  I created a photo essay entitled "Those Who Remember" which was subsequently published in a provincial magazine.  I photographed the Remembrance Day Ceremony in St, John's with black and white film, then processed, developed, printed and mounted the images for display.  I was originally planning to call the essay "Lest We Forget", however, I decided on "Those Who Remember" and have used it ever since.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...