Sunday, December 07, 2014

Winter



Same cabin - different years





 Winter

As promised, today I am starting a new Winter/Christmas Series.  The images have been taken over the years and are a combination of slide film and digital images.

From what I hear, many people hate and detest winter with a passion, however, since we live in a northern climate, we have to put up with it.  Personally, I have always liked to get outside in winter and, as long as I am dressed for it, enjoy the experience.  I enjoy snowshoeing through the woods to the hills behind my property and have many photos taken during long winter walks.  No matter how cold it is outside, I don't get cold as long as I am active.

I photographed icicles through an open second story window and liked the lighting in the first image.  The cabin, all but buried by snow, is located on the Witless Bay Line.  I have photographed this cabin several times during winter and this happens just about every year.  I've included another image from a different year on my Blog this morning.  I liked the red "dogberries" (mountain ash) covered with fresh snow against a deep blue sky and made several photos.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...