Friday, February 06, 2015

Cattle Egret











Cattle Egret
 
I thought I would share a few photos of a cattle egret  in southwest Florida.
 
I was driving by and slowed down as I approached this cattle egret.  Normally these birds are skittish and fly away as soon as I got close. However this one didn’t fly away so I made several photos.  As soon as I looked through my viewfinder, I noticed that its right wing was injured and that explained why it didn’t fly away.
 
I watched the bird for around 20 minutes and noticed that it got really excited when it saw a large bug fly by.  It stretched its neck high as possible and followed the bug, then tried to pick it off a flower.  It wasn’t always successful, but I managed to get a couple of photos with a bug in its beak.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

 

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...