Saturday, March 21, 2015

Swallow-Tailed Kite












Swallow-Tailed Kite
 
I have photographed swallow-tailed kites during trips to Florida.  This one flew out of an orange orchard then circled above me a couple of times before disappearing again.  I was lucky to capture a few good images of this bird in flight during the minute or so that it was close by.
 
I have been using The Cornell Lab of Ornithology – All about Birds site to  help identify birds.  You can check their entry on the swallow-tailed kite at: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Swallow-tailed_Kite/id
 

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...