Thursday, April 09, 2015

Halloween Pennant
















Halloween Pennant

I don't photograph a lot of insects, but do enjoy photographing butterflies, ants and bees as well as a few others from time to time.

While driving along a back road in Florida, I spotted a weird butterfly and when it landed atop a dead reed of grass, I looked at it through my 70-300 mm lens. I could see that it was a dragonfly and it posed there for quite some time. I made several images of it, then noticed many more, and made lots more photos of this specie of dragonfly - the Halloween Pennant!


I know many people do not like insects, however, dragonflies are very useful because they kill other insects. Normally it is difficult to photograph dragonflies, but these just hung onto a tall reed of dead grass which made it easy.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...