Monday, April 27, 2015

Shapes and Textures 4










Shapes and Textures 4

The first photo shows a rocky beach as the sun set.  I photographed the lights in the ceiling at the Arts & Culture Centre in St. John's and liked the result.  The third image is a reflection in the windows of a downtown hotel in St. John's.

I took the photo of a piece of ice that looked like a duck's head on the Exploits River near Grand Falls-Windsor. I remember it was a bitterly cold day and I had to change lenses before lying on the ice to get this angle. I then changed cameras and shot it in b & w as well. Yes, I carried 2 cameras, one loaded with colour and the other with b & w film.

The second photo was shot through a frosty windshield as the sun rose in the sky. The windshield was curved and hardly any light came through one side.  


I was experimenting with different angles of light and shot a series of photos of an egg. This is the one I liked best.  I was making photos in a hotel and made a photo looking up and into a chandelier. I liked the textures in the white hair of a nutcracker during Christmas one year. 
I have made many photographs of the shapes and textures created as ice forms in Holyrood Harbour. 

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...