Sunday, May 10, 2015

Battle Harbour 11



















Battle Harbour 11

Another selection of images from Battle Harbour that show a part of the community that had houses and fishing stages that were in poor condition when I took the photos in 2004.

Check the photos on my Blog today and you will see that there are no roads or power lines. There are walking paths throughout the town. Imagine what it was like living there hundreds of years ago.


It is believed that people were living in Battle harbour as early as 1750 and around a hundred years later it had a population of 350. You can read more about the history of Battle Harbour at: http://www.battleharbour.com/about/history-of-battle-harbour/

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...