Thursday, May 07, 2015

Battle Harbour 8



















Battle Harbour 8

I was lucky I dragged a tripod all the way to Battle Harbour because shooting these images would have been impossible without it.  I shot 20 second exposures and still had to brighten them after they were downloaded to my computer.

As you can see I composed some shots with houses or hills in the foreground and others by shooting directly up towards the sky. The long exposures allowed the motion of the lights to be captured on stills.



People who lived in the community said they had never seen such a brilliant display in mid-summer and I was lucky enough to have been there with the right equipment to make photos.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...