Friday, June 26, 2015

Burin



















Burin
June 25, 2015

It was a cloudy, misty and sometimes foggy day on the Burin Peninsula yesterday, but I took quite a few photos none-the-less. I will share some of them over the next few days.

On overcast days I try not to include too much sky in photos because the skies tend to be bright and distract from the image. As a result, I tend to photograph houses, fishing stages and boats more than scenery, however, I did shoot a few wide shots when there were mountains or hills in the scene. Keep this in mind as you view the photos I share over the next few days.


There were quite a few red houses and sheds in Burin and I stopped to photograph most of them. Note the dog in the 16th image. It wasn't tied on and I was a little nervous because some dogs aren't all that friendly. I photographed the house and walked away and I heard it running behind me. It was TOO friendly and kept jumping up and putting its muddy paws all over me. I petted it a bit and it calmed down. Luckily I am not afraid of dogs but anyone who is would have been frightened by the behaviour of this large animal. I think it was a mixed breed that was similar to a golden Labrador retriever.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...