Thursday, June 04, 2015

Droghedea










Droghedea

In 2003 I was exploring some of the side streets in Clarke's Beach, Conception Bay and came across Droghedea Historical Farmhouse. I was curious and walked into the yard and made images of the outside of the house, the inside of a barn and an outhouse.

As I made the photos I noticed that the door was open so I went inside and was excited to see that every room in the house was decorated as it was 50 or more years ago.


I had my tripod and decided to make photos of the "antiques". Over the next few days I plan to share images of the rooms which will include close views of many antiques. I remember seeing many of these things when I visited my grandparents in the 1950s. Hopefully many of you will also remember the items and the photos will evoke positive memories.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...