Friday, July 31, 2015

Woodland Caribou











Woodland Caribou



This morning I am sharing photos of woodland caribou that were taken using Kodachrome 25 and 64 slide film. I photographed the Avalon herd many times over the years but recently the herd has dropped from over 6,000 animals to less than 100. There are a number of reasons for the drastic decline including: coyotes and other predators, brainworm and other parasites and poaching. The last time I was down there, I spoke to a guy who lives in a nearby community and he told me that he believed there were around 70 caribou left in the herd.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...