Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fireweed Seeds










Fireweed Seeds

Yesterday I made photos of fireweed seeds and thought I'd share a few with you today. I always find it amazing how many seeds one fireweed plant produces. As you can see in the photos, the top of the plant has hundreds, if not thousands of seeds, waiting to be blown away by the slightest breeze. In the past I have watched many seeds floating away with each breeze.


I have tried to photograph individual seeds floating in the air, but it is very difficult. The two seeds in the third and fourth photos were actually caught in a spider's web but it looks as though they are drifting through the sky. You will notice how three seeds are entangled and hanging on to the plant. A good gust of wind will dislodge these seeds which will be carried by the wind to a new location to start a whole new growth of these most interesting and prolific plants.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...