Monday, September 14, 2015

Whiteway 2









Whiteway 2
September 7, 2015

I noticed a lot of seagulls around the wharf in Whiteway and then saw several fishermen splitting fish nearby. I remember watching the men splitting fish on fishing stages in Trinity Bay when I was a young boy, and the scene in Whiteway brought those memories back.

I think these guys were doing it different because they were filleting the fish, whereas 55 years ago they tended to salt or dry most of the fish. However, it was a long time ago and I may be wrong. I also remember big barrels of cod liver oil on the stages in those days, though I am not sure what they did with it back then.


Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...