Saturday, September 05, 2015

Yard










YardAugust 29, 2015

On August 29, I made a few photos around my yard.

Sam was anxious to pick the red currants, which we picked a couple of days later.  As you can see, this bush produced a lot of fruit this year. 

The pink hollyhock had just begun to flower. Today the wind broke it off ... sad after watching it grow all summer.

The white berries of the red osier dogwood are easy to spot! People don't eat the berries though I read that native Americans used to eat them to treat colds.  The different varieties of goldenrod  are adding yellows all around.  

The St. John's Wort is still flowering around here.

I've been picking black currants for the last day.  I have a bumper crop of these berries as well.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...