Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans 11
















Veterans 11

This is Day 11 of my Veterans Series. All previous photos in this series were taken of veterans on parade on November 11, 2001 at the War Memorial in St. John's. Since today is Remembrance Day, I am including photos I created for the occasion.  A few were created in 2005 - The Year of the Veteran.

There are several images of Mr. Bill Lewis, a veteran from Holyrood who died a few years ago. Over the years I made many photos of him at Remembrance Day Ceremonies and created a few images as a tribute which you can view at: http://www.lanephotography.com/legion/Bill%20lewis/bill_lewis__holyrood.htm.

I have shared over 111 photographs in this series since starting it on November 1. You can view all of the photos on this Blog:

When I was teaching at Mary Queen of Peace School our students created a site dedicated to Veterans. They used my photos to create the site and we asked people to send information about the veterans shown. It was a great project that got national media attention at the time. After I retired, the site was taken down, however I had a copy and uploaded it to my web site. I left it as it was, except for changing a few links. The kids who worked on this project have graduated high school by now.

Feel free to have a look and send me feedback. You can view the photos, comments and information about the veterans at: http://www.lanephotography.com/legion/index.htm


Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...