Saturday, May 28, 2016

Banff 8












Banff 8
 
As I alternated between walking on the road and the trails I realized that other than an occasional car, I was the only person around.  As I walked through the woods and up and down hills and valleys, I listened carefully because I knew there were grizzlies in the area and I didn’t want to interrupt a mother bear with a cub.  I also kept an eye out for elk, which, in the Banff area, are used to humans and have no fear.  The only wildlife I saw were a few squirrels and a few songbirds.
 

A group of bikers passed by when I got back out on the main road and I made a couple of images to give viewers an idea of the height of the trees and mountains.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...