Sunday, May 01, 2016

Moose












Moose

This evening two moose visited our yard for a while and I was lucky enough to spot them munching on a plant in my driveway. I photographed them as they walked closer to the house, then as they ate some of the wild plants in the yard.

Once, even though I was no more then 30 feet (10 m) away, the yearling felt comfortable enough to lie down for a break. However, the mother kept a close watch and I dared not go closer.


This is probably the same mother and calf that has been around here since last fall and I photographed as recently as 2 weeks ago.  

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...