Monday, June 27, 2016

Spring 5






Spring 5
 
When I was a kid growing up in Grand Falls, my grandmother had black currant, red currant and gooseberry bushes and I remember picking (and eating) the fruit in the late summer.  Here in Holyrood, I have one of each of those berry bushes. 
 

Today, I am sharing photos of the flowers on each plant.  The first two are gooseberry, the second two are red current, and the last two are the gooseberry.  As you can see, the flowers are fairly small and not very colourful, however, if it is anything like last year, I will be getting lots of fruit in a few weeks.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...