Friday, July 01, 2016

Memorial Day















Memorial Day
While Canada celebrates Canada Day, Newfoundlanders and Labradorians also remember the 324 soldiers who died in the battle at Beaumont Hamel on this day in 1916.  This was a tragic day for the Royal Newfoundland Regiment and the deaths directly or indirectly affected nearly every person in the province.   Today in Beaumont Hamel in France, there is a 100th Anniversary Ceremony of this tragedy. If you would like to read more about this battle go to: http://www.heritage.nf.ca/first-world-war/articles/beaumont-hamel-en.php
The photos today show 2 statues in Bowring Park in St. John’s:  The Fighting Newfoundlander and the Caribou, symbol of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...