Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Flowers











Flowers
 
Today’s photos of nasturtiums, meadowsweet, zucchini and marigolds were taken in my yard a couple of days ago.  in 2006 a friend gave me some nasturtium seeds that he had collected from his plants and I have been saving seeds every year since.  Nasturtiums are very prolific and usually bloom from late July to the first heavy frost.  The bright yellow and orange flowers add colour and are excellent for attracting bees.
 
Speaking of bees, there are few bumble bees in this part of the island this year.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Where do you live?
 
My granddaughter planted marigolds, impatiens and pansies in the garden I made for her.  The flowers are doing very well.  My grandson planted potatoes, carrots, zucchini and cucumbers in the plot I prepared for him.  It won’t be long before he will be eating the zucchini bread he requested.
 
Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...