Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Picking Capelin














Picking Capelin

When my boys were young teenagers they got "jobs" during capelin season.  A local fisherman used to hire kids to "pick" capelin - which meant separating male and female fish.


I stopped by the wharf (which is gone now) in 1996 and made a few photos of the kids at work.  Of course. this was 21 years ago and most of those kids are in their 30s now.  If you know people in Holyrood, feel free to share.  Maybe someone will recognize themselves!

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.


You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...