Friday, June 23, 2017

Pink Lady's Slipper












Pink Lady's Slipper

On June 20, I hiked to the Inside Hawke Hills behind my house in Holyrood.  As I hiked, I noticed that the three highest hills were shrouded in thick fog, so I decided to take a different trail to a group of hills that aren't quite as high. 

When I sat down for a break near the top of one of the hills, I noticed a pink lady's slipper that had been broken off.  I was surprised to see these flowers near the top of the hills where it is usually windy and cool.

As I looked around, I found 8 more of these beautiful flowers in the moss around me. Of course, I made photos of these hardy little wildflowers.


Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.




Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...