Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Cape St. Mary's 5, 2002

















Cape St. Mary's 5, 2002

In 2002, I visited Cape St. Mary's, located on the Cape Shore on the southwest Avalon. 

Besides being a great place to view northern gannets on their nests, it is also a great place to photograph individual birds in flight.  As they approach Bird Rock, birds returning to their nests tend to look down at the thousands of birds below, probably looking for its own nest.  Then they drop down and land among the crowd, usually upsetting their neighbours.  I have been there when the winds have been high and causing all kinds of havoc during landings.

If you would like more information about this amazing place , go to http://www.flr.gov.nl.ca/natural_areas/wer/r_csme/

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...